Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Encapsulation on a Saturday Afternoon

I thought it would be fun to show the encapsulation process through photos. I work Monday-Wednesday/Thursday for another hotshop making large scale blown & sculptural pieces. The rest of the week along with evenings, I work in my own studio making paperweights. Sunday is usually encapsulation day, and here is just one weight I finished this past weekend. This past weekend with Hurricane Sandy coming, I knew I needed to encapsulate earlier, as the paperweights need about 40 hours in the annealer and I could not risk a power outage. Due to this planning, I was able to finish the annealing schedule before the storm hit on Monday. We were lucky as we only lost power for three hours and had minimal flooding in the studio. Take a look & enjoy!















1 comments:

jim said...

How can you change my yard be altered so that it isn’t so drab and boring? What do you need to do in order to come up with a good way to build an attractive outdoor design that impresses your friends
travelswithmaddog.com |

unionjacktechnology.com |

vpmautogb.com |

wearecrafthouse.com |

youthbusinessamerica.com |

Post a Comment

 
© Clinton Smith Glass Artisan

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs